Thursday, August 27, 2020

My 1/64 Scale Cars for Car Wars and Gaslands

 Here are some of my favorite toy cars for use with Car Wars or Gaslands. Many of these vehicles come battle ready right out of the package while others I tacked on a weapon using the Museum Gel technique discussed in a previous post. I have more toys like this in my collection and hope to show case them in future postings. All photos include a figure that is roughly 28mm tall (about 1 1/2") for reference. Where possible I will list the toy manufacture.

GI Joe Toys?

I believe the toy on the left is a GI Joe toy from Hasbro though I can't find any info on it. The toy on the right is a cheap knock off of another GI Joe toy (I have the nicer version in my collection somewhere). These vehicles have too many weapons and the weapons are way too large for my taste, but I am including them here for completeness.


Technical Truck

Next up is a Majorette brand technical truck. This truck can also be used for modern skirmish wargames.


Dual Guns on the Top

On the left is a Maisto brand Leadslinger and on the right is the Green Hornets car, possibly from a Happy Meal? The Leadslinger has obvious armor and while the guns are a little over the top it's still an awesome vehicle. I wish more toy companies would turn out this sort of thing. (I painted the guns as they were the same chrome as the engine.)


Invader

Here's a Hot Wheels car with an oversized gun. I cut the back of the gun off on the toy on the right.


Two More Hot Wheels

The Hot Wheels on the right is a Fast Attack Vehicle that has several different variants (I will post some others when I dig them out). The  El Camino on the left doesn't have any guns on it (yet) but I've seen some pretty good conversions on the web and feel it fits the theme.


That's all for now. Watch for my next post on this, coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment