Thursday, June 3, 2021

Memorial Day Races at Grandmas

We took my daughters Hot Wheels collection and some of my old track back to my childhood home and set up a long raceway for the cars. I had done a similiar thing in my youth, racing my collection to see which one would go the farthest. The basement of the house is one long room about 30ft in length.



Here is my daughters collection. She started collecting around 6 years ago. She'd watch me buy Hot Wheels for myself and I felt guilty if I didn't get her one as well.



2/3 of my Hot Wheels track and accessories from the 70's.


The first qualifying run. Here you can see the full extent of the track. All the cars off to the side did not make it to the final round.


The winners of the first round.


We were going to do three rounds but ran out of time. Instead we added a few more bumps to the track and ran a final round. Above are the finishers with the Custom 69 Chevy Pickup and Prototype H-24 tying for first place.

Some day I will dig out all my old Hot Wheels and we'll go back and run this track with my cars. (I think I know which tote full of toys they are in....)

No comments:

Post a Comment