Wednesday, October 7, 2020

1/64 Scale Cars for Car Wars and Gaslands Part 3

Here is part 3 of my favorite toy cars for use with Car Wars or Gaslands. Many of these vehicles come battle ready right out of the package while others I tacked on a weapon using the Museum Gel technique discussed in a previous post. I still have more toys like this of varying scale in my collection and plan to show case them in future postings. All photos below include a figure that is roughly 28mm tall (about 1 1/2") for reference. Where possible I will list the toy manufacture.

First off, we have two of my favorite Hot Wheels. The car on the right is the original Sting Rod from the Action Command series. This is one of the first “out of the box car with weapons and armor” that I acquired when it was first released. It will always hold a special place in my collection. The truck on the left is also from the Action Command series that I acquired a few years ago.



Next on the left we have the Sting Rod 2. This version doesn’t feel as subtle as the original Sting Rod, but since I have many copies of it I am not concerned about using it in the arena. On the right is a Hot Wheels “Armored Batman” car. This was a recent series of vehicles designed as caricatures of superheroes. It’s armored nicely and dirtied up a bit. Just waiting for me to stick a gun or two on it.



Finally, my favorite vehicle of this type. Another Hot Wheels called Turbo Turret. This is the best battle-ready vehicle in this scale! The gun in the turret is a bit large, and I have chopped it back on several models. The turret even spins! I wish Mattel would do an entire series of these. (Note: The guns were red and I painted them black.)





No comments:

Post a Comment